Transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac
By transferring your captured iPhone photos to your Mac for backup and delete the Camera shooted photos from iPhone, you can easily save tons of valuable storage space on your iPhone. As photos take up a lot of space on iPhone, transferring out photos from iPhone is an effective way to save iPhone space. In this article, we will show you the steps to transfer photos from iPhone to Mac in different ways.
Transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac Wirelessly
Wifi transfer is probably the easiest way to download photos from iPhone to computer. We assume you have downloaded the Wi-Fi Transfer App on your iPhone here. Follow below steps to import pictures from iPhone to Mac over your wi-fi network.
- 1. Run Wi-Fi Transfer App on your iPhone. You will get a local IP address immediately.
- 2. Open your web browser on your Mac, like Safari, Chrome, etc.
- 3. Access the local IP address on your Mac browser to browse to your iPhone albums and download photos and pictures wirelessly.
Transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac with Cable
Another easy way to transfer your pictures from iPhone to Mac is through Preview.
- 1. Plug in your iPhone to your Mac
- 2. Launch Preview on Mac
- 3. From the File menu navigate down and select “Import from iPhone…”
- 4. Select Import All to get all the pictures, otherwise individually select pictures and click Import
- 5. Find your ~/Pictures/ folder for the photos from your iPhone and import them from iPhone to Mac.
If you have other photo apps installed on your Mac, like iPhoto or Image Capture, you can also import pictures to your Mac with them. The steps are similar.