Transfer Photos from iPhone to Computer
By transferring your iPhone photos to computer for backup and delete the photos from iPhone, you can easily free up tons of valuable storage space for your iPhone. As photos take up a lot of space on iPhone, transferring out photos from iPhone is a effective way to save iPhone space. In this article, we will show you the steps to transfer photos from iPhone to computer in different ways.
Depends on your OS, Mac or PC, the steps to copy your photos from iPhone to computer are different.
Transfer Photos from iPhone to Computer Wirelessly, Mac and PC
The easiest way to download photos from iPhone to computer is using the Wi-Fi Transfer App for iOS.
- 1. Run Wi-Fi Transfer App on your iPhone. You will get a local IP address immediately.
- 2. Open your web browser on your computer (Mac or PC), like IE, Safari, Chrome, etc.
- 3. Access the local IP address on your computer browser to browse to your iPhone albums and download photos and pictures wirelessly.
Transfer Photos from iPhone to PC
If you are on Window PC, simply follow the steps below.
- 1. Plugin your iPhone to the computer with the USB cable
- 2. Wait for a popup asking you what you want to do with the device
- 3. Select “View Content”
- 4. Find your photos through the folders that are displayed
- 5. Select and save the iPhone photos from iPhone to computer hard disk.
If there is no pop-up dialogue, open Windows Explorer, open My Computer, your iPhone should be listed in the Devices with Removable Storage section below your hard disk drives. Open iPhone to find your Photos and copy them from iPhone to computer, similar as you import photos from any other cameras.
By transferring out your bulk photos from iPhone to your computer, you can greatly save your iPhone photo storage space.
Transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac
Another easy way to transfer your pictures from iPhone to Mac is through Preview.
- 1. Plug in your iPhone to your Mac with the USB cable
- 2. Launch Preview on Mac
- 3. From the File menu navigate down and select “Import from iPhone…”
- 4. Select “Import All” to get all the pictures, otherwise individually select pictures and click ‘Import’
- 5. Find your ~/Pictures/ folder for the photos from your iPhone and import them from iPhone to Mac.
You can also transfer pictures to your Mac with iPhoto or Image Capture, which is just as easy.