Save iPhone Storage Space by Deleting or Transfering Photos
Photo storage on iPhone takes up a lot space. The iPhone camera shoots excellent photos very high definition that can easily exceed 2 MB each. If you find your iPhone runs low on free disk space, try to remove some photos. You can follow below hints to manage your photos on iPhone to save your iPhone capacity.
Delete Photos from iPhone Camera Roll
Most iPhone users use the camera a lot, but few of us would regularly delete photos. That’s why the photos taken with iPhone camera quickly add up the Camera Roll. To delete photos from your iPhone Camera Roll, try below steps:
- 1. Tap Photos app on your home screen.
- 2. Tap to open a photo you like to remove from your iPhone. You will see a trash can icon in the bottom right of the screen.
- 3. Tap the trash icon, you will see a Delete Photo button in red.
- 4. Tap the Delete Photo red button to delete your phone from the Camera Roll and your iPhone.
See also this guide if you like to delete multiple photos from iPhone at once. You can also delete the whole iPhone photo album or folder to free up more space instantly on your iPhone, see this guide: delete iPhone photo album.
Delete Photos from iPhone Photo Library
If you synced photos from your computer to iPhone through iTunes, they will be uploaded to the Photo Library album. Instead of removing these photos from the Photos app on iPhone, you need to delete the photos from your computer. You can’t get them off of your iPhone directly. When you open Photos app on iPhone, tap to open the Photo Library album, then open a photo from there, you will find there is no trash can icon.
To delete photos from iPhone Photo Library to save your iPhone space, try below steps.
- 1. Connect your iPhone to computer via USB cable
- 2. Start iTunes on your computer
- 3. Click the iPhone icon in the left panel of the iTunes window
- 4. Click the "Photos" tab
- 5. Clear the checkbox for all the photos and albums that you don't want on your iPhone.
- 6. Click the "Sync" button on the lower right corner to remove photos from your iPhone.
Transfer Photos from iPhone to Computer Wirelessly
You can make use of your wi-fi network to wirelessly send photos from iPhone to your computer, Mac or Windows PC. Then delete the iPhone version to free up iPhone photo storage. You need to download Wi-Fi Transfer App on your iPhone for the wireless and easier transfer.
- 1. Run Wi-fi transfer app on iPhone, you will get a local IP address directly
- 2. Browse above IP address with a browser on your computer
- 3. Find your photos through the folders on your iPhone that are displayed in your computer browser.
- 4. You can download your iPhone photos from Camera Roll folder, Photo Library or other folders.
Transfer Photos from iPhone to Computer
Few of us want to delete the old photos taken with iPhone, because we like to share them with friends and family. In such case, you can simply transfer them to your computer for backup and delete them from your iPhone to save more space.
Depends on your OS, Mac or PC, the steps are slightly different. You can follow this tutorial for the details: How to import photos from iPhone to computer?.
If you are on Window PC, simply follow the steps below.
- 1. Plugin your iPhone to the computer
- 2. Wait for a popup asking you what you want to do with the device
- 3. Select “View Content”
- 4. Find your photos through the folders that are displayed
- 5. Select and save the iPhone photos from iPhone to computer hard disk.
By deleting your bulk photos from iPhone or transferring them out to your computer, you can greatly save your iPhone photo storage space for new photos, other data or apps.